Flint Hills shuts smoking Corpus Christi pump
HOUSTON Feb 27 (Reuters) - Flint Hills Resources LP shut a smoking pump on Monday in the west plant of its 290,078 barrel per day (bpd) Corpus Christi, Texas, refinery for repairs, a company spokeswoman said.
"There was a malfunction on a diesel driven pump," said Flint Hills spokeswoman Katie Stavinoha in a statement.
"Operators observed smoke and cautiously treated it as a suspected fire. It was addressed quickly. There were no injuries. Upon examination, it appears the diesel engine smoked excessively. The engine has been taken out of service for repair."
Stavinoha declined to say on which unit the pump was located. (Reporting By Erwin Seba; Editing by Marguerita Choy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 8-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |