UPDATE 1-Small fire breaks out at Tesoro refinery
(Adds Tesoro statement)
March 7 (Reuters) - A small fire broke that out early Wednesday morning at Tesoro Corp's 166,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) Martinez, California, refinery was quickly extinguished as the facility continued the restart of production units after a two-month overhaul, company and public officials said.
The small fire on a unit broke out shortly before midnight Pacific time (0800 GMT), a Tesoro spokeswoman said in a statement.
"The fire was immediately extinguished," said Tesoro spokeswoman Tina Barbee. "There were no injuries and no damage to equipment. This event did not have any impact on our ability to meet regional contractual product supply commitments."
The refinery was restarting a hydrogen plant on Tuesday, a according to the Contra Costa County Health Department Hazardous Materials Office. (Reporting by Erwin Seba in Houston; Editing by Lisa Shumaker and Bob Burgdorfer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Comet makes rare close pass by Mars as spacecraft watch
- Germany plans tougher controls on would-be jihadists