Apple supplier Hon Hai to take 11 percent stake in Sharp
TOKYO (Reuters) - Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co (2317.TW) will take an 11 percent stake in Japan's Sharp Corp (6753.T), the Japanese company said on Tuesday, under a tie-up in LCD production that includes Sharp issuing 66.5 billion yen ($803 million) worth of its shares to four Hon Hai group companies.
Hon Hai, an Apple (AAPL.O) supplier, will hold a 46.48 percent stake in Japan's main Sakai plant, in western Japan.
($1 = 82.8300 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Miki Kayaoka; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence