Apple supplier Hon Hai to take 11 percent stake in Sharp
TOKYO (Reuters) - Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co (2317.TW) will take an 11 percent stake in Japan's Sharp Corp (6753.T), the Japanese company said on Tuesday, under a tie-up in LCD production that includes Sharp issuing 66.5 billion yen ($803 million) worth of its shares to four Hon Hai group companies.
Hon Hai, an Apple (AAPL.O) supplier, will hold a 46.48 percent stake in Japan's main Sakai plant, in western Japan.
($1 = 82.8300 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Miki Kayaoka; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine