LSE wins shareholder backing for LCH deal
LONDON, April 3
LONDON, April 3 (Reuters) - London Stock Exchange shareholders gave exchange boss Xavier Rolet the green light to forge ahead with his takeover of clearing house LCH.Clearnet when they waved through the deal at an Extraordinary General Meeting on Tuesday.
LSE and LCH.Clearnet shareholders, who voted separately, overwhelmingly ratified Rolet's plan to take up to 60 percent of the clearing operator with an offer of 20 euros per share, which values LCH.Clearnet at 813 million euros ($1.1 billion). (Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine