Next BoE governor's selection lacks clarity - Tyrie
LONDON (Reuters) - The process of selecting the next governor of the Bank of England lacks clarity, a leading politician said on Thursday.
"I am concerned that the process for selecting the next governor lacks clarity," Andrew Tyrie, chairman of the Treasury Select Committee, wrote in a letter to finance minister George Osborne.
"I would be grateful if you could set out in detail the process envisaged for the appointment of the next governor ... The choice of the next governor will be perhaps the most important public appointment the government will make."
(Reporting by Olesya Dmitracova)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct
- Record Chelsea win prompts talk of another title assault
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |