Next BoE governor's selection lacks clarity - Tyrie
LONDON (Reuters) - The process of selecting the next governor of the Bank of England lacks clarity, a leading politician said on Thursday.
"I am concerned that the process for selecting the next governor lacks clarity," Andrew Tyrie, chairman of the Treasury Select Committee, wrote in a letter to finance minister George Osborne.
"I would be grateful if you could set out in detail the process envisaged for the appointment of the next governor ... The choice of the next governor will be perhaps the most important public appointment the government will make."
(Reporting by Olesya Dmitracova)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks