Motorcycling-Stoner wins first Portugal Grand Prix
LISBON May 6 (Reuters) - Australian world champion Casey Stoner won his first Portugal MotoGP Grand Prix after fending off Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo in Estoril on Sunday.
Honda's Stoner, who won the Jerez Grand Prix last weekend, dominated the race after starting in pole position. Last year's Estoril winner Dani Pedrosa of Spain finished third. (Reporting By Daniel Alvarenga; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Tennis-Monday's order of play at U.S. Open