EU must balance growth and consolidation efforts -Rehn
BRUSSELS May 8 (Reuters) - European Union countries must strike a balance between efforts to boost growth and to consolidate public finances, EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Tuesday.
"The debate of consolidation versus growth is a false debate. In the current economic situation of low growth and high debt there is no choice - we need to pursue both simultaneously," Rehn told a news briefing.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll