EU must balance growth and consolidation efforts -Rehn
BRUSSELS May 8 (Reuters) - European Union countries must strike a balance between efforts to boost growth and to consolidate public finances, EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Tuesday.
"The debate of consolidation versus growth is a false debate. In the current economic situation of low growth and high debt there is no choice - we need to pursue both simultaneously," Rehn told a news briefing.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles