Bankia to be recapitalised through FROB bank fund: De Guanos
MADRID (Reuters) - Nationalised lender Bankia (BKIA.MC) will be recapitalised through the FROB bank fund, which will issue bonds, Spain's Economy Minister Luis De Guanos said on Wednesday.
"It will be the usual mechanism, through the FROB issuances", De Guanos told journalists after a parliamentary debate on Spain's ongoing banking reform.
The FROB currently has more than four billion euros available while Bankia asked on Friday for a 19 billion euros rescue from the state.
He also said the country's banking crisis does not begin and end with Bankia.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |