Bankia to be recapitalised through FROB bank fund: De Guanos
MADRID (Reuters) - Nationalised lender Bankia (BKIA.MC) will be recapitalised through the FROB bank fund, which will issue bonds, Spain's Economy Minister Luis De Guanos said on Wednesday.
"It will be the usual mechanism, through the FROB issuances", De Guanos told journalists after a parliamentary debate on Spain's ongoing banking reform.
The FROB currently has more than four billion euros available while Bankia asked on Friday for a 19 billion euros rescue from the state.
He also said the country's banking crisis does not begin and end with Bankia.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again