Bankia to be recapitalised through FROB bank fund: De Guanos
MADRID (Reuters) - Nationalised lender Bankia (BKIA.MC) will be recapitalised through the FROB bank fund, which will issue bonds, Spain's Economy Minister Luis De Guanos said on Wednesday.
"It will be the usual mechanism, through the FROB issuances", De Guanos told journalists after a parliamentary debate on Spain's ongoing banking reform.
The FROB currently has more than four billion euros available while Bankia asked on Friday for a 19 billion euros rescue from the state.
He also said the country's banking crisis does not begin and end with Bankia.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California