Bankia to be recapitalised through FROB bank fund: De Guanos
MADRID (Reuters) - Nationalised lender Bankia (BKIA.MC) will be recapitalised through the FROB bank fund, which will issue bonds, Spain's Economy Minister Luis De Guanos said on Wednesday.
"It will be the usual mechanism, through the FROB issuances", De Guanos told journalists after a parliamentary debate on Spain's ongoing banking reform.
The FROB currently has more than four billion euros available while Bankia asked on Friday for a 19 billion euros rescue from the state.
He also said the country's banking crisis does not begin and end with Bankia.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- More violence in China's Xinjiang, prominent academic indicted
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot