Spain's Telefonica preparing German, Latin America listings
MADRID May 30 (Reuters) - Spain's Telefonica said on Wednesday that it has started preparing to list its German unit, Telefonica Alemania, and was looking into a similar process for some of its Latin American businesses.
The company said these steps would accelerate its plan to shed non-strategic assets, adding it would increase its financial flexibility and help it reach a lower debt ratio in 2012.
Telefonica said would be paying out 1.50 euros per share to shareholders for 2012, through a 1.30 euro dividend and the rest made up with share buybacks. (Reporting by Sarah White; Editing by Fiona Ortiz)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |