Spain's Telefonica preparing German, Latin America listings
MADRID May 30 (Reuters) - Spain's Telefonica said on Wednesday that it has started preparing to list its German unit, Telefonica Alemania, and was looking into a similar process for some of its Latin American businesses.
The company said these steps would accelerate its plan to shed non-strategic assets, adding it would increase its financial flexibility and help it reach a lower debt ratio in 2012.
Telefonica said would be paying out 1.50 euros per share to shareholders for 2012, through a 1.30 euro dividend and the rest made up with share buybacks. (Reporting by Sarah White; Editing by Fiona Ortiz)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane