Observers in Syria say 13 bodies found, hands tied
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The head of U.N. observers in Syria, Major-General Robert Mood, said on Wednesday 13 bodies had been discovered in the east of the country, with their hands tied behind their backs and signs that some had been shot in the head from close range.
"General Mood is deeply disturbed by this appalling and inexcusable act," a statement issued by the observer mission said. "He calls on all parties to exercise restraint and end the cycle of violence for the sake of Syria and the Syrian people."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. lifts ban on flights to Israel as Gaza toll tops 700 |
- Suicide bombs in Nigeria's Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari targeted |