Tennis-Nalbandian defaulted from Queens final
LONDON, June 17
LONDON, June 17 (Reuters) - Argentina's David Nalbandian was defaulted from his Queen's Club final against Croatia's Marin Cilic on Sunday for kicking out and injuring a linesman.
Nalbandian was leading 7-6 3-3 when he dropped serve in the seventh game and reacted by slamming his right foot into an advertising board which hurt the official's leg.
Cilic was awarded the match despite trailing 6-7 4-3. (Reporting by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Standard Chartered says private bank client statements stolen in Singapore
- Hedging their bets, Ukraine's oligarchs sit above the fray
- Insight - Fukushima water tanks: leaky and built with illegal labour
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe