Adidas CEO says not interested in Nike's Umbro
WARSAW, June 21
WARSAW, June 21 (Reuters) - Adidas is not interested in buying soccer brand Umbro from owner Nike, the German sportswear group's chief executive said on Thursday.
"We are already the market leader in football, we do not need another brand," Herbert Hainer told journalists in Warsaw after Adidas increased its outlook for soccer sales in 2012.
Nike last month put its Cole Haan and Umbro brands up for sale in order to focus on its core namesake, Jordan, Converse and Hurley brands. (Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State |
- For 23rd time, U.N. nations urge end to U.S. embargo on Cuba |