Adidas CEO says not interested in Nike's Umbro
WARSAW, June 21
WARSAW, June 21 (Reuters) - Adidas is not interested in buying soccer brand Umbro from owner Nike, the German sportswear group's chief executive said on Thursday.
"We are already the market leader in football, we do not need another brand," Herbert Hainer told journalists in Warsaw after Adidas increased its outlook for soccer sales in 2012.
Nike last month put its Cole Haan and Umbro brands up for sale in order to focus on its core namesake, Jordan, Converse and Hurley brands. (Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Insight - Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?
- Prolonged Hong Kong protest could harm financial image, says envoy |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |