Adidas CEO says not interested in Nike's Umbro
WARSAW, June 21
WARSAW, June 21 (Reuters) - Adidas is not interested in buying soccer brand Umbro from owner Nike, the German sportswear group's chief executive said on Thursday.
"We are already the market leader in football, we do not need another brand," Herbert Hainer told journalists in Warsaw after Adidas increased its outlook for soccer sales in 2012.
Nike last month put its Cole Haan and Umbro brands up for sale in order to focus on its core namesake, Jordan, Converse and Hurley brands. (Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Air traffic computer fault hits flights from England
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Cricket-England 172 all out v Australia (570-9d) second test - innings