- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Indonesia's nationwide healthcare plan stumbles at first hurdle
- United's Ferguson bows out on a high of sorts
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes
- Afghanistan's Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid tensions with Pakistan
Citi fills global retail role with Larsen in Hong Kong
HONG KONG, June 27 |
HONG KONG, June 27 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc has named Jonathan Larsen as global head of its retail bank, filling the position for the first time with an Asia-based banker.
Citigroup has a far-reaching investment banking operation in Asia, although its consumer business in the region is a massive driver of revenue for the New York-based bank.
In the first quarter, Citi's Asia profit rose 18 percent to $1.1 billion, comprising 37 percent of Citi's global net income. Within Asia, Citi's consumer business produces about half of the region's annual profit figure.
Larsen, a 25-year industry veteran, will be based in Hong Kong and will continue to serve as head of Asia Consumer Banking, according to an internal memo. (Reporting by Michael Flaherty; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this