UPDATE 2-Tennis-Wimbledon final resumes under closed roof
(Adds match resumes)
LONDON, July 8 (Reuters) - The Wimbledon men's singles final resumed on Sunday under the Centre Court roof after a 40-minute rain delay with Roger Federer and Andy Murray level at 4-6 7-5 1-1.
Third seed Federer, seeking his seventh Wimbledon title, was 40-0 up on his serve when the umpire called the players off.
Organisers decided to shut the roof as the heavy shower persisted. (Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- M&S frees Alan Stewart to take up Tesco CFO role early
- Philips to split off lighting business, form separate company
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |