UPDATE 2-Tennis-Wimbledon final resumes under closed roof
(Adds match resumes)
LONDON, July 8 (Reuters) - The Wimbledon men's singles final resumed on Sunday under the Centre Court roof after a 40-minute rain delay with Roger Federer and Andy Murray level at 4-6 7-5 1-1.
Third seed Federer, seeking his seventh Wimbledon title, was 40-0 up on his serve when the umpire called the players off.
Organisers decided to shut the roof as the heavy shower persisted. (Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles quarterfinal results