UPDATE 2-Tennis-Wimbledon final resumes under closed roof
(Adds match resumes)
LONDON, July 8 (Reuters) - The Wimbledon men's singles final resumed on Sunday under the Centre Court roof after a 40-minute rain delay with Roger Federer and Andy Murray level at 4-6 7-5 1-1.
Third seed Federer, seeking his seventh Wimbledon title, was 40-0 up on his serve when the umpire called the players off.
Organisers decided to shut the roof as the heavy shower persisted. (Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles