Tennis-Federer beats Murray to win Wimbledon title
LONDON, July 8
LONDON, July 8 (Reuters) - Roger Federer beat Andy Murray 4-6 7-5 6-3 6-4 on Sunday to win a record-equalling seventh Wimbledon title.
The Swiss will return to the top of the world rankings after claiming his 17th grand slam crown and ending Murray's hopes of becoming the first British man to win Wimbledon for 76 years. (Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally