Tennis-Mauresmo named France Fed Cup team captain
July 19 (Reuters) - Amelie Mauresmo was apppointed French Fed Cup team captain on Thursday, the French Tennis Federation (FFT) said.
The former Wimbledon champion replaces Nicolas Escude, whose contract has expired.
"Great news. @amemauresmo is the new Fed Cup team captain," the FFT said on their Twitter feed.
Mauresmo, who retired in 2009, has been working as a support coach to Belarus's Victoria Azarenka this year. (Editing by Martyn Herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iraqi forces say retake two towns from Islamic State
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- Boeing says frustrated by Canada move to extend life of fighter jets