Tennis-Mauresmo named France Fed Cup team captain
July 19 (Reuters) - Amelie Mauresmo was apppointed French Fed Cup team captain on Thursday, the French Tennis Federation (FFT) said.
The former Wimbledon champion replaces Nicolas Escude, whose contract has expired.
"Great news. @amemauresmo is the new Fed Cup team captain," the FFT said on their Twitter feed.
Mauresmo, who retired in 2009, has been working as a support coach to Belarus's Victoria Azarenka this year. (Editing by Martyn Herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More U.S. troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Insight - Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- British banks' rotten culture will take generation to fix - think tank
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing - U.S. lawsuit