Tennis-Mauresmo named France Fed Cup team captain
July 19 (Reuters) - Amelie Mauresmo was apppointed French Fed Cup team captain on Thursday, the French Tennis Federation (FFT) said.
The former Wimbledon champion replaces Nicolas Escude, whose contract has expired.
"Great news. @amemauresmo is the new Fed Cup team captain," the FFT said on their Twitter feed.
Mauresmo, who retired in 2009, has been working as a support coach to Belarus's Victoria Azarenka this year. (Editing by Martyn Herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |
- Echoes of Law in 1974 as City's Lampard shuns celebration
- Siemens splurges $7.6 billion on Dresser-Rand in U.S. shale market bet |
- Alibaba issues additional shares to raise IPO total to $25 billion - report