Tennis-Mauresmo named France Fed Cup team captain
July 19 (Reuters) - Amelie Mauresmo was apppointed French Fed Cup team captain on Thursday, the French Tennis Federation (FFT) said.
The former Wimbledon champion replaces Nicolas Escude, whose contract has expired.
"Great news. @amemauresmo is the new Fed Cup team captain," the FFT said on their Twitter feed.
Mauresmo, who retired in 2009, has been working as a support coach to Belarus's Victoria Azarenka this year. (Editing by Martyn Herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- U.S judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine