- Indonesia's nationwide healthcare plan stumbles at first hurdle
- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes
- United's Ferguson bows out on a high of sorts
- Afghanistan's Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid tensions with Pakistan
Qataris extend sponsorship of UK Champions Series
LONDON (Reuters) - Qatar's QIPCO Holding private investment company has renewed until 2017 its sponsorship of British horse racing's Champions Series and Champions Day, the climax of the flat season.
The deal means Champions Day, Britain's richest race day, could be worth as much as four million pounds ($6.20 million) by 2016, race organisers said.
The Champions Series, launched in 2011, is designed to highlight Britain's best flat races. This season it will culminate on October 20 with Champions Day at Ascot.
($1 = 0.6447 British pounds)
(Reporting by Keith Weir; Editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this