- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus
- Italian designers Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
Olympics-Tennis-Argentina's Del Potro wins men's singles bronze
LONDON Aug 5 (Reuters) - Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro overcame his marathon semi-final defeat to win bronze in the Olympic tennis men's singles on Sunday with a 7-5 6-4 victory over Serbia's Novak Djokovic.
Del Potro, whose semi-final loss to top seed Roger Federer on Friday was the longest men's three-set match played in the professional era, broke late in a rain-interrupted first set to take the lead against Beijing bronze medallist Djokovic.
The number two seed fell behind early in the second set, with the tall Argentinian serving to wrap up the win in 1 hour and 48 minutes. (Reporting by Kylie MacLellan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this