Tennis-Nadal pulls out of US Open with injury
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the US Open because of injury, a statement on the tournament website (www.usopen.org) said.
The Spanish world number three has not played since suffering a shock second-round defeat at Wimbledon.
Nadal missed the London Olympics because of a recurrence of tendinitis in his knees and subsequently withdrew from ATP Tour events in Toronto and Cincinnati.
The U.S Open in New York runs from Aug. 27 to Sept. 9. (Writing by Tom Bartlett, editing by)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool