Tennis-Nadal pulls out of US Open with injury
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the US Open because of injury, a statement on the tournament website (www.usopen.org) said.
The Spanish world number three has not played since suffering a shock second-round defeat at Wimbledon.
Nadal missed the London Olympics because of a recurrence of tendinitis in his knees and subsequently withdrew from ATP Tour events in Toronto and Cincinnati.
The U.S Open in New York runs from Aug. 27 to Sept. 9. (Writing by Tom Bartlett, editing by)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel says its troops kill Hamas men accused of slaying teens |
- AstraZeneca, Shire dive as U.S. tax move punctures deal hopes
- Tesco parachutes in new finance boss to fix accounting scandal