Tennis-Nadal pulls out of US Open with injury
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the US Open because of injury, a statement on the tournament website (www.usopen.org) said.
The Spanish world number three has not played since suffering a shock second-round defeat at Wimbledon.
Nadal missed the London Olympics because of a recurrence of tendinitis in his knees and subsequently withdrew from ATP Tour events in Toronto and Cincinnati.
The U.S Open in New York runs from Aug. 27 to Sept. 9. (Writing by Tom Bartlett, editing by)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Standard Chartered says private bank client statements stolen in Singapore
- Cricket-De Kock bludgeons ton as SAfrica overwhelm India in first ODI
- Insight - Fukushima water tanks: leaky and built with illegal labour
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |