Tennis-Nadal pulls out of US Open with injury
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the US Open because of injury, a statement on the tournament website (www.usopen.org) said.
The Spanish world number three has not played since suffering a shock second-round defeat at Wimbledon.
Nadal missed the London Olympics because of a recurrence of tendinitis in his knees and subsequently withdrew from ATP Tour events in Toronto and Cincinnati.
The U.S Open in New York runs from Aug. 27 to Sept. 9. (Writing by Tom Bartlett, editing by)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |