Tennis-Federer defeats Djokovic for sixth title this year
MASON, Ohio Aug 19 (Reuters) - World number one Roger Federer secured his sixth ATP title of the year with a 6-0 7-6 win over Novak Djokovic in the Cincinnati Open final on Sunday.
It took Federer just 20 minutes to clinch the first set but it was a tighter affair in the second which Federer won 9-7 in the tie-break.
It is the fifth time Federer has won the Cincinnati event and the third time in four years. (Reporting by Simon Evans; Editing by Tim Hart)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately - Malaysian PM |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane-sources |
- WRAPUP 6-Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately-Malaysian PM
- Missing Malaysia plane may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean - source
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources