Tennis-Federer defeats Djokovic for sixth title this year
MASON, Ohio Aug 19 (Reuters) - World number one Roger Federer secured his sixth ATP title of the year with a 6-0 7-6 win over Novak Djokovic in the Cincinnati Open final on Sunday.
It took Federer just 20 minutes to clinch the first set but it was a tighter affair in the second which Federer won 9-7 in the tie-break.
It is the fifth time Federer has won the Cincinnati event and the third time in four years. (Reporting by Simon Evans; Editing by Tim Hart)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Ferrovial to bid $1.4 bln for Australia's John Holland -Spain's Expansion
- Britons warier about house-buying - Halifax
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice PM, kills at least three
- More than 50 Israeli reservists refuse to serve - Washington Post