Tennis-Federer defeats Djokovic for sixth title this year
MASON, Ohio Aug 19 (Reuters) - World number one Roger Federer secured his sixth ATP title of the year with a 6-0 7-6 win over Novak Djokovic in the Cincinnati Open final on Sunday.
It took Federer just 20 minutes to clinch the first set but it was a tighter affair in the second which Federer won 9-7 in the tie-break.
It is the fifth time Federer has won the Cincinnati event and the third time in four years. (Reporting by Simon Evans; Editing by Tim Hart)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |