Tennis-Federer defeats Djokovic for sixth title this year
MASON, Ohio Aug 19 (Reuters) - World number one Roger Federer secured his sixth ATP title of the year with a 6-0 7-6 win over Novak Djokovic in the Cincinnati Open final on Sunday.
It took Federer just 20 minutes to clinch the first set but it was a tighter affair in the second which Federer won 9-7 in the tie-break.
It is the fifth time Federer has won the Cincinnati event and the third time in four years. (Reporting by Simon Evans; Editing by Tim Hart)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |