UPDATE 1-Michaels 2nd-qtr same-store sales rise 2.9 pct
Aug 23 (Reuters) - Michaels Stores Inc, North America's largest arts and crafts retailer, reported same-store sales rose 2.9 percent in the second quarter, helped by more transactions and a big sales jump in its framing services.
The retailer, majority-owned by private equity firms Blackstone Group LP and Bain Capital LP, on Thursday reported a 30 percent jump in net income to $13 million for the quarter ended July 28 on sales of $892 million. Overall sales were up 4.1 percent.
Michaels, which operates 1,079 namesake stores in North America, filed in March to list shares publicly.
Its CEO resigned last month because of a stroke. The company gave no update on the search for a new chief.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As Russian arms flow to Ukraine, more U.S. sanctions expected
- FIFA committed to 2018 World Cup in Russia
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |