Tennis-Open-Women's final postponed until Sunday
NEW YORK, Sept 8
NEW YORK, Sept 8 (Reuters) - The U.S. Open women's final between American Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka of Belarus has been postponed until Sunday due to an expected rainstorm and heavy winds later on Saturday, organisers announced.
The women's final had been scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. (2300 GMT) Saturday at Flushing Meadows.
The start time for Sunday's women's final was not yet decided.
The men's final is scheduled to be played on Sunday afternoon. (Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks- source |