Tennis-Open-Women's final postponed until Sunday
NEW YORK, Sept 8
NEW YORK, Sept 8 (Reuters) - The U.S. Open women's final between American Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka of Belarus has been postponed until Sunday due to an expected rainstorm and heavy winds later on Saturday, organisers announced.
The women's final had been scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. (2300 GMT) Saturday at Flushing Meadows.
The start time for Sunday's women's final was not yet decided.
The men's final is scheduled to be played on Sunday afternoon. (Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thai crisis deepens as PM's supporters weigh in
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- U.S., Britain suspend aid to north Syria after Islamists seize weapons store |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Fake 'signer' at Mandela memorial outrages deaf