Tennis-Open-Women's final postponed until Sunday
NEW YORK, Sept 8
NEW YORK, Sept 8 (Reuters) - The U.S. Open women's final between American Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka of Belarus has been postponed until Sunday due to an expected rainstorm and heavy winds later on Saturday, organisers announced.
The women's final had been scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. (2300 GMT) Saturday at Flushing Meadows.
The start time for Sunday's women's final was not yet decided.
The men's final is scheduled to be played on Sunday afternoon. (Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official