Tennis-Czechs win doubles to go 2-1 up against Argentina
BUENOS AIRES, Sept 15
BUENOS AIRES, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek put Czech Republic 2-1 up against Argentina with victory in the Davis Cup doubles in their semi-final on clay at Parque Roca on Saturday.
The Czech pair beat Eduardo Schwank and Carlos Berlocq 6-3 6-4 6-3 in two hours 37 minutes.
Berdych can now secure victory for the visitors in Sunday's opening singles by beating Juan Martin del Potro in a clash between two world top-10 players.
Stepanek is scheduled to meet Juan Monaco in the final rubber.
The winning team will face holders Spain or United States in the final.
Spain lead the Americans 2-1 in Gijon. (Reporting by Rex Gowar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |