Tennis-Robson's loss prolongs Britain's wait for WTA title
Sept 22 (Reuters) - Britain's wait for its first WTA singles winner since 1988 was prolonged after teenager Laura Robson lost to Su-Wei Hsieh of Taiwan in Guangzhou on Saturday.
Robson, who won a silver medal in mixed doubles with Andy Murray at the London Olympics last month, went down 6-3 5-7 6-4 in a hard-fought match.
The London-based 18-year old was Britain's first woman to play a WTA singles final since Jo Durie reached a main tour final in 1990 at Newport, United States.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |