Tennis-Wozniacki routs Kanepi to win year's first title
Sept 23 (Reuters) - Former world number one Caroline Wozniacki dropped just one game against Kaia Kanepi in the lop-sided final of the Korea Open on Sunday for her first WTA title of the year.
The top-seeded Dane, currently ranked 11th, took just over an hour for a 6-1 6-0 victory over the Estonian who had beaten her in the third round of French Open earlier this year.
"I just want to build up for the next season. And it's been a long season so I want to have a holiday and relax," the 22-year-old told reporters after winning the 19th WTA title of her career.
"I don't think about ranking. I'm just happy I won the tournament. I would like to enjoy that. I want to be positive, and that's what I'm thinking about right now." (Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly in Mumbai; editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked team attacked despite lockdown
- Argentine President said received Islamic State threats
- Brown says London must keep promise to Scotland as political truce ends
- Munitions factory hit in Ukraine's Donetsk, buffer zone to be set up