Greek unemployment reaches new record in July, at 25.1 pct
ATHENS Oct 11 (Reuters) - Greece's jobless rate rose for the 35th consecutive month in July, scaling a new record of 25.1 percent from an upwardly revised 24.8 percent in June, the country's statistics service ELSTAT said on Thursday.
Greece's crippling, austerity-fuelled recession continued to take its toll on the labour market, putting Greek unemployment at more than double the euro zone average of 11.4 percent in July.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers