Lampard and Bertrand ruled out of Poland clash
LONDON (Reuters) - Midfielder Frank Lampard and defender Ryan Bertrand have been ruled out of England's 2014 World Cup qualifier against Poland in Warsaw through injury, the FA said in a statement on Sunday.
Lampard (calf) and Bertrand (illness) did not feature in England's 5-0 win over San Marino on Friday and will not be ready for Tuesday's game.
England top Group H with seven points from three matches, three ahead of Montenegro and Poland who have both played a game less.
(Writing by Justin Palmer, editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health