Lampard and Bertrand ruled out of Poland clash
LONDON (Reuters) - Midfielder Frank Lampard and defender Ryan Bertrand have been ruled out of England's 2014 World Cup qualifier against Poland in Warsaw through injury, the FA said in a statement on Sunday.
Lampard (calf) and Bertrand (illness) did not feature in England's 5-0 win over San Marino on Friday and will not be ready for Tuesday's game.
England top Group H with seven points from three matches, three ahead of Montenegro and Poland who have both played a game less.
(Writing by Justin Palmer, editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |