Roche CEO says on look out for bolt-on buys
ZURICH Oct 16 (Reuters) - Swiss drugmaker Roche Holding AG said there was "no change" to its merger and acquisition strategy and the company remained on the look out for small to mid-size acquisitions.
"We continue to look for bolt-on acquisitions that complement our platforms and products," Chief Executive Severin Schwan told a call for analysts on Tuesday.
He declined to comment on speculation that has resurfaced in recent weeks that Roche may renew a bid for U.S. gene-sequencing company Illumina. Roche walked away from a hostile takeover bid in April after shareholders blocked its move to gain seats on the company's board.
Earlier on Tuesday, Roche reported third-quarter sales rose 15 percent to 11.271 billion Swiss francs ($12.07 billion), beating the average analyst forecast of 11.124 billion francs in a Reuters poll. (Reporting by Caroline Copley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |