Google mulls FTC settlement over patents : WSJ
(Reuters) - Google Inc is considering a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission over potential claims it broke antitrust law in its handling of patents for mobile devices, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
The dispute has to do with whether Google's Motorola Mobility unit lived up to licensing commitments made after its patents were adopted as industry standards.
At issue is whether Google improperly refused to license patents to some mobile rivals and attempted to gain court injunctions to stop sales of its competitors' products.
(Reporting by Krithika Krishnamurthy in Bangalore; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
- Aviva in £5.6 billion deal to buy Friends Life after pensions shake-up
- West seen easing demands on Iran atom bomb 'mea culpa' in deal