Google mulls FTC settlement over patents : WSJ
(Reuters) - Google Inc is considering a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission over potential claims it broke antitrust law in its handling of patents for mobile devices, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
The dispute has to do with whether Google's Motorola Mobility unit lived up to licensing commitments made after its patents were adopted as industry standards.
At issue is whether Google improperly refused to license patents to some mobile rivals and attempted to gain court injunctions to stop sales of its competitors' products.
(Reporting by Krithika Krishnamurthy in Bangalore; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |