Tennis-Wozniacki beats Stosur to win Kremlin Cup final
MOSCOW Oct 21 (Reuters) - Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki claimed her 20th career title by beating top seed Samantha Stosur 6-2 4-6 7-5 in a thrilling Kremlin Cup tennis final on Sunday.
The third-seeded Dane trailed Stosur 1-3 in the third set but recovered her poise to draw level, then broke the Australian in the 12th game to clinch her second title of the season after winning the Korea Open last month.
Stosur, looking for her first title since winning last year's U.S. Open, saved the first match point with an ace but missed a running forehand on the second to concede defeat after two hours 13 minutes.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- More violence in China's Xinjiang, prominent academic indicted
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot