Dr Pepper Snapple earnings rise as sales slip
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc reported higher quarterly earnings on Wednesday, despite slightly lower sales hurt by declining volume.
The No. 3 soft drink maker of brands like 7UP and Sunkist, said net income rose to $179 million, or 84 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $154 million, or 71 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding commodity-related accounting gains, earnings were 79 cents per share.
Net sales were $1.528 billion, versus $1.529 billion in the year-earlier period.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |