Man in Afghan uniform kills two U.S. servicemen - NATO
KABUL (Reuters) - A man wearing an Afghan police uniform has shot dead two U.S. servicemen in Afghanistan, NATO said on Thursday.
The assailant turned his weapon against the forces in Uruzgan province, it said in a statement.
"Insider" attacks on Western forces have undermined trust between coalition and Afghan forces as NATO prepares to withdraw most combat troops at the end of 2014.
At least 54 members of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force have been killed this year by Afghans wearing police or army uniforms.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Vatican arrests former archbishop on paedophilia charges
- Britain close to joining U.S.-led air strikes against Islamic State
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger