Man in Afghan uniform kills two U.S. servicemen - NATO
KABUL (Reuters) - A man wearing an Afghan police uniform has shot dead two U.S. servicemen in Afghanistan, NATO said on Thursday.
The assailant turned his weapon against the forces in Uruzgan province, it said in a statement.
"Insider" attacks on Western forces have undermined trust between coalition and Afghan forces as NATO prepares to withdraw most combat troops at the end of 2014.
At least 54 members of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force have been killed this year by Afghans wearing police or army uniforms.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |