Man in Afghan uniform kills two U.S. servicemen - NATO
KABUL (Reuters) - A man wearing an Afghan police uniform has shot dead two U.S. servicemen in Afghanistan, NATO said on Thursday.
The assailant turned his weapon against the forces in Uruzgan province, it said in a statement.
"Insider" attacks on Western forces have undermined trust between coalition and Afghan forces as NATO prepares to withdraw most combat troops at the end of 2014.
At least 54 members of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force have been killed this year by Afghans wearing police or army uniforms.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- More Ukrainian soldiers killed, Poroshenko defends peace plan
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nonplussed Lampard rewrites his Chelsea story with City goal