Tennis-Azarenka to finish year as world number one after win
ISTANBUL Oct 26 (Reuters) - Victoria Azarenka will end the year as world number one after the Belarussian beat China's Li Na 7-6 6-3 at the season-ending WTA Championships on Friday.
Azarenka's victory meant she finished second in Group A behind Serena Williams.
The American won all three of her round-robin matches while the world number one registered two victories and a defeat by Williams.
Both players have qualified for the semi-finals. (Editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial for assault
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor