Tennis-Azarenka to finish year as world number one after win
ISTANBUL Oct 26 (Reuters) - Victoria Azarenka will end the year as world number one after the Belarussian beat China's Li Na 7-6 6-3 at the season-ending WTA Championships on Friday.
Azarenka's victory meant she finished second in Group A behind Serena Williams.
The American won all three of her round-robin matches while the world number one registered two victories and a defeat by Williams.
Both players have qualified for the semi-finals. (Editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Bank of England suspends real-time payments system
- FTSE slips back, weighed down by oil stocks
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |