Tennis-Azarenka to finish year as world number one after win
ISTANBUL Oct 26 (Reuters) - Victoria Azarenka will end the year as world number one after the Belarussian beat China's Li Na 7-6 6-3 at the season-ending WTA Championships on Friday.
Azarenka's victory meant she finished second in Group A behind Serena Williams.
The American won all three of her round-robin matches while the world number one registered two victories and a defeat by Williams.
Both players have qualified for the semi-finals. (Editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thai crisis deepens as PM's supporters weigh in
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- U.S., Britain suspend aid to north Syria after Islamists seize weapons store |
- Fake 'signer' at Mandela memorial outrages deaf
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study