Golf-Garcia ready for end of season run after eye surgery
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Former world number two Sergio Garcia will make his comeback after eye surgery in the European Tour's season-ending Dubai World Championship next month.
The 32-year-old Spaniard, who has not played since Europe's Ryder Cup victory over the United States in Chicago four weeks ago, had an operation this month to correct an astigmatism.
"I had the surgery but everything went very well," Garcia said in a news release on Monday.
"I will have three tournaments towards the end of the year. I hope I can play good, finish on a high note and get ready for next year."
Garcia, now ranked 21st in the world, will compete in Dubai from Nov. 22-25 before heading off to the Asia Tour in December to play in the Thailand Golf Championship and the Iskandar Johor Open in Malaysia. (Writing by Tony Jimenez; editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks- source |