NYC's Bloomberg criticizes LIPA power-restoration effort
Nov 3 (Reuters) - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg lashed out on Saturday at the Long Island-based power company that serves some of New York City's outer neighborhoods for making inadequate progress restoring power to thousands of residents in the dark since superstorm Sandy struck on Monday night.
At a press briefing, Bloomberg said the Long Island Power Authority, LIPA, "has not acted aggressively enough" in its power restoration efforts, particularly in bringing electricity back to the Rockaways, a series of beachfront neighborhoods devastated by the storm.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media