Tennis-Petrova trounces Wozniacki in Champions final
SOFIA Nov 4 (Reuters) - Russia's Nadia Petrova thrashed top-seeded Dane Caroline Wozniacki 6-2 6-1 on Sunday to secure her maiden Tournament of Champions trophy and a 13th career title.
It was the 30-year-old's third tournament victory of the year after winning a Wimbledon warmup event in Den Bosch, Netherlands and the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo in September.
Winning the season-ending WTA event at the Armeets Arena in Sofia earned second seed Petrova a cheque for $270,000 and helped her rise one place in the world rankings to 12th.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining strength