Nikkei opens lower, softer yen seen supporting exporters
TOKYO, Nov 5 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average opened lower on Monday, tracking weakness on Wall Street despite better-than-expected U.S. jobs data, although a softer yen is likely to limit losses for exporters. The Nikkei was down 0.5 percent at 9,008.42 and the broader Topix was 0.4 percent lower at 749.13.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally