US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens little changed before election
NEW YORK Nov 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Monday as cautious traders awaited Tuesday's presidential election to place bets on which sectors are likely to perform better depending on which political party wins.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 25.73 points, or 0.20 percent, at 13,067.43. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 2.85 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,411.35. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.97 points, or 0.07 percent, at 2,980.17.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- Echoes of Law in 1974 as City's Lampard shuns celebration
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Siemens agrees to $7.6 billion deal to buy Dresser-Rand