US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens little changed before election
NEW YORK Nov 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Monday as cautious traders awaited Tuesday's presidential election to place bets on which sectors are likely to perform better depending on which political party wins.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 25.73 points, or 0.20 percent, at 13,067.43. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 2.85 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,411.35. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.97 points, or 0.07 percent, at 2,980.17.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports