US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens little changed before election
NEW YORK Nov 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Monday as cautious traders awaited Tuesday's presidential election to place bets on which sectors are likely to perform better depending on which political party wins.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 25.73 points, or 0.20 percent, at 13,067.43. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 2.85 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,411.35. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.97 points, or 0.07 percent, at 2,980.17.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Quindell's adjusted pretax profit nearly triples