EU funds are not for Spain bank shareholders - Almunia
MADRID (Reuters) - European Union rescue funds cannot be used to compensate shareholders in Spain who lost money on bank preference shares, the EU's competition chief Joaquin Almunia said on Monday.
"If it is necessary to compensate (shareholders) it can only be done with money from Spain," Almunia told reporters at a breakfast in Madrid.
(Reporting By Robert Hetz, writing by Sarah Morris, editing by Jesus Aguado)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone