EU funds are not for Spain bank shareholders - Almunia
MADRID (Reuters) - European Union rescue funds cannot be used to compensate shareholders in Spain who lost money on bank preference shares, the EU's competition chief Joaquin Almunia said on Monday.
"If it is necessary to compensate (shareholders) it can only be done with money from Spain," Almunia told reporters at a breakfast in Madrid.
(Reporting By Robert Hetz, writing by Sarah Morris, editing by Jesus Aguado)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- 'Warp speed' risk for UK house prices but hiking rates off radar
- Carney sees hopeful signs in UK economy |
- October industrial output rises, trade deficit wider than expected |
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher