OFT examines Barclays' takeover of ING Direct
LONDON (Reuters) - Office of Fair Trading on Tuesday said it would scrutinise Barclays' (BARC.L) planned takeover of Dutch rival ING's British retail banking business to make sure it would not restrict competition.
The OFT, a consumer watchdog, said parties with comments about how the deal might affect competition should submit them by November 20.
Barclays said it had agreed to take over ING Direct on October 9.
(Reporting by Myles Neligan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone