OFT examines Barclays' takeover of ING Direct
LONDON (Reuters) - Office of Fair Trading on Tuesday said it would scrutinise Barclays' (BARC.L) planned takeover of Dutch rival ING's British retail banking business to make sure it would not restrict competition.
The OFT, a consumer watchdog, said parties with comments about how the deal might affect competition should submit them by November 20.
Barclays said it had agreed to take over ING Direct on October 9.
(Reporting by Myles Neligan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence but impatient for new powers |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Salmond concedes defeat, demands more Scottish powers fast
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll