OFT examines Barclays' takeover of ING Direct
LONDON (Reuters) - Office of Fair Trading on Tuesday said it would scrutinise Barclays' (BARC.L) planned takeover of Dutch rival ING's British retail banking business to make sure it would not restrict competition.
The OFT, a consumer watchdog, said parties with comments about how the deal might affect competition should submit them by November 20.
Barclays said it had agreed to take over ING Direct on October 9.
(Reporting by Myles Neligan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry sinking |
- Separatists take armoured vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again |
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |