OFT examines Barclays' takeover of ING Direct
LONDON (Reuters) - Office of Fair Trading on Tuesday said it would scrutinise Barclays' (BARC.L) planned takeover of Dutch rival ING's British retail banking business to make sure it would not restrict competition.
The OFT, a consumer watchdog, said parties with comments about how the deal might affect competition should submit them by November 20.
Barclays said it had agreed to take over ING Direct on October 9.
(Reporting by Myles Neligan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying