OFT examines Barclays' takeover of ING Direct
LONDON (Reuters) - Office of Fair Trading on Tuesday said it would scrutinise Barclays' (BARC.L) planned takeover of Dutch rival ING's British retail banking business to make sure it would not restrict competition.
The OFT, a consumer watchdog, said parties with comments about how the deal might affect competition should submit them by November 20.
Barclays said it had agreed to take over ING Direct on October 9.
(Reporting by Myles Neligan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports