RPT-Implied volatility on EuroSTOXX 50 falls on Obama win
LONDON Nov 7 (Reuters) - Implied volatility on European equities, seen as a crude barometer of investor risk aversion, fell sharply on Wednesday after the re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama left the door open for continued monetary stimulus.
The VSTOXX index of implied volatility on the EuroSTOXX50 fell 6 percent to 20.47. If the losses are sustained for the rest of the session, that would mark its steepest one-day fall in a month.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Argentine markets fall post-default, New York hearing on Friday
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying
- Ukraine premier stays on, envoys agree on crash site route