RPT-Implied volatility on EuroSTOXX 50 falls on Obama win
LONDON Nov 7 (Reuters) - Implied volatility on European equities, seen as a crude barometer of investor risk aversion, fell sharply on Wednesday after the re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama left the door open for continued monetary stimulus.
The VSTOXX index of implied volatility on the EuroSTOXX50 fell 6 percent to 20.47. If the losses are sustained for the rest of the session, that would mark its steepest one-day fall in a month.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |