European shares pare gains; Italian shares drop
PARIS Nov 8 (Reuters) - European stocks pared gains and turned flat in late trade on Thursday, with Italian shares among the worst hit as brewing concerns over the euro zone debt crisis kept investors on edge.
At 1536 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was flat at 1,099.31 points, with Milan's FTSE MIB down 0.8 percent.
Enel was down 2.1 percent and Banco Popolare down 1.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |