European shares pare gains; Italian shares drop
PARIS Nov 8 (Reuters) - European stocks pared gains and turned flat in late trade on Thursday, with Italian shares among the worst hit as brewing concerns over the euro zone debt crisis kept investors on edge.
At 1536 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was flat at 1,099.31 points, with Milan's FTSE MIB down 0.8 percent.
Enel was down 2.1 percent and Banco Popolare down 1.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hedging their bets, Ukraine's oligarchs sit above the fray
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Standard Chartered says private bank client statements stolen in Singapore
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe