Hong Kong shares to open down 1.4 pct, cyclicals lead tumble
HONG KONG Nov 8 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start weaker on Thursday, with the more growth-sensitive stocks among the biggest losers as investors shift their focus to the looming "fiscal cliff" that confronts the U.S. economy.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open down 1.4 percent at 21,785.8. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start down 1.6 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Man charged with attacking British MP on London street