US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St adds to losses; Nasdaq down 1 pct
NEW YORK Nov 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to losses and the Nasdaq briefly fell more than 1 percent on Thursday as worries about the "fiscal cliff" threatening the economic recovery mounted.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 87.70 points, or 0.68 percent, at 12,845.03. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 11.87 points, or 0.85 percent, at 1,382.66. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 28.28 points, or 0.96 percent, at 2,909.00.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Australia Union wanted to rip up Beale contract - chairman
- Judge rejects isolation for U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |