Singapore Stocks - Factors to watch on Nov 9
SINGAPORE Nov 9 (Reuters) - Following are some company-related and market news which could have an impact on the local market.
GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares fall on US fiscal worries, European uncertainty
SE ASIA STOCKS-Singapore leads regional losses; plantation stocks weak
STOCKS TO WATCH
-- WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LTD
- Singapore palm oil firm Wilmar International beat forecasts with a 26 percent rise in third-quarter net profit, helped by its sugar business and a rebound at its oilseeds and grains unit after two quarters of losses.
-- OVERSEA-CHINESE BANKING CORP
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp, Singapore's second-largest lender, posted an almost fourfold jump in third-quarter net profit on Friday, boosted by a one-time gain from the sale of stakes in Fraser and Neave and its breweries unit.
-- NOBLE GROUP LTD
- Singapore-listed commodities trader Noble Group swung to a third-quarter net profit of $75 million from a net loss of $17.5 million a year earlier, helped by its energy business.
-- FRASER AND NEAVE LTD
- The Thai group pursuing Singapore conglomerate Fraser and Neave Ltd extended the closing date for its takeover bid to Nov. 22, giving it more time to decide whether it should raise its offer price.
The Thais may face a rival bid for F&N from Overseas Union Enterprise, a hotel and property firm controlled by Indonesia's Lippo Group, which said on Wednesday that it will decide by Nov. 15 whether or not it will make a counterbid.
MARKET NEWS > Nikkei extends falls into 5th day on US fiscal woes > Wall St drops for second day on US fiscal worries > Bonds jump, spurred by fiscal cliff, Europe fears > Euro near 2-month low after ECB highlights woes
> Gold hits 3-week high as longs return on Obama win > Oil rebounds after plunge, economy concerns limit rise > Key political risks to watch in Singapore
ASIA-PACIFIC STOCK MARKETS
S.Korea China Hong Kong
Taiwan India Australia/NZ
Currency Eurostocks JP bonds
ADR Report LME metals
DIARIES & DATA:
U.S. earnings diary
Front Page Asian companies
U.S. company News European companies
Forex news Global Economy
Tech, Media and Telecoms
A multimedia version of Reuters Top News is available at:
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC