US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges higher after data
NEW YORK Nov 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher on Friday after data showed consumer sentiment climbed to its highest level in more than five years in November and wholesale inventories rose by the most in nine months in September.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 14.82 points, or 0.12 percent, to 12,826.14. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 4.35 points, or 0.32 percent, to 1,381.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 12.58 points, or 0.43 percent, to 2,908.16.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool