US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Nov 9 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 rose more than 1 percent on Friday as stocks recovered from declines over the past two days. The Nasdaq was also trading more than 1 percent higher.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 68.59 points, or 0.54 percent, at 12,879.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 12.86 points, or 0.93 percent, at 1,390.37. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 33.64 points, or 1.16 percent, at 2,929.22.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests