IAG cuts 4,500 jobs at Iberia
MADRID (Reuters) - Iberia and British Airways owner International Airlines Group (ICAG.L) said on Friday it would dismiss 4,500 workers as part of its restructuring drive at Spain's flag carrier Iberia.
The company, which plans to downsize Iberia's fleet by 25 aircraft, also said it would reduce salaries and set a deadline of January 31 2013 to reach an agreement with trade unions over redundancies, adding that it would further reduce capacity if no agreement was reached.
(Reporting by Clare Kane, Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official