IAG cuts 4,500 jobs at Iberia
MADRID (Reuters) - Iberia and British Airways owner International Airlines Group (ICAG.L) said on Friday it would dismiss 4,500 workers as part of its restructuring drive at Spain's flag carrier Iberia.
The company, which plans to downsize Iberia's fleet by 25 aircraft, also said it would reduce salaries and set a deadline of January 31 2013 to reach an agreement with trade unions over redundancies, adding that it would further reduce capacity if no agreement was reached.
(Reporting by Clare Kane, Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct