IAG cuts 4,500 jobs at Iberia
MADRID (Reuters) - Iberia and British Airways owner International Airlines Group (ICAG.L) said on Friday it would dismiss 4,500 workers as part of its restructuring drive at Spain's flag carrier Iberia.
The company, which plans to downsize Iberia's fleet by 25 aircraft, also said it would reduce salaries and set a deadline of January 31 2013 to reach an agreement with trade unions over redundancies, adding that it would further reduce capacity if no agreement was reached.
(Reporting by Clare Kane, Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- U.S. says Russian-directed counteroffensive in Ukraine cities likely underway
- Ukraine seizes another Russian soldier in east of country - Interfax