Lafarge could announce UK asset sales in weeks - CEO
PARIS (Reuters) - Lafarge (LAFP.PA) could announce the sale of assets in the UK in the coming weeks to obtain clearance for its planned building materials joint venture with miner Anglo American (AAL.L), its chief executive said on Friday.
Britain's Competition Commission said in May that the two companies had to sell an "extensive package of operations", including one of the UK's largest cement plants.
(Reporting by Elena Berton; Editing by James Regan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day