Lafarge could announce UK asset sales in weeks - CEO
PARIS (Reuters) - Lafarge (LAFP.PA) could announce the sale of assets in the UK in the coming weeks to obtain clearance for its planned building materials joint venture with miner Anglo American (AAL.L), its chief executive said on Friday.
Britain's Competition Commission said in May that the two companies had to sell an "extensive package of operations", including one of the UK's largest cement plants.
(Reporting by Elena Berton; Editing by James Regan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles