Lafarge could announce UK asset sales in weeks - CEO
PARIS (Reuters) - Lafarge (LAFP.PA) could announce the sale of assets in the UK in the coming weeks to obtain clearance for its planned building materials joint venture with miner Anglo American (AAL.L), its chief executive said on Friday.
Britain's Competition Commission said in May that the two companies had to sell an "extensive package of operations", including one of the UK's largest cement plants.
(Reporting by Elena Berton; Editing by James Regan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Gaza fighting flares, Netanyahu and U.N. chief spar on truce terms |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Ukraine claims more territory as fight intensifies with rebels