Lockheed CEO Stevens says company "not in crisis"
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The departing chief executive of Lockheed Martin (LMT.N) said on Friday the company was "not in crisis" after the resignation of his planned successor over an ethics scandal.
Christopher Kubasik, who had been slated to take the reins from Stevens at the defence contractor in January, quit after admitting to a close and improper relationship with a subordinate.
On a conference call with reporters, Lockheed's Bob Stevens said he was "deeply saddened" by Kubasik's actions but that the company's board was confident in the ability of Marillyn Hewson, named on Friday as CEO effective January 1, to lead the company.
Hewson told reporters the Kubasik situation was a "temporary distraction."
(Reporting By Andrea Shalal-Esa; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- UK retail sales growth falls to eight-month low, public finances weak
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |